Regina Psychic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with replying and seeing forum words

2 posters

Go down

Trouble with replying and seeing forum words Empty Trouble with replying and seeing forum words

Post  Bryan Hood Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:15 am

Greetings Brenda. I am having a few problems with the forum and need some assistance. I tried to review what I could find but have not yet found reference to the following items.
1 - Posting a reply in "Barb Powell's Workshop" thread. There is no "reply" option to select and I can not see a post message option. I only see a button to start a new "Topic" and I do not think you always want a new topic started for every ones impute as this will make the forum messy.
2 - Some of the text you have chosen for the template is hard to see on both my pc and laptop. Consider changing all the text colors to black.
Bryan
Bryan Hood
Bryan Hood

http://www.friendsofeternity.com

Back to top Go down

Trouble with replying and seeing forum words Empty Re: Trouble with replying and seeing forum words

Post  Brenda Witherspoon Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Bryan,

All should be easy to read and forum available for reply.

Thanks for the heads up!
Brenda Witherspoon
Brenda Witherspoon
Admin

http://healinghypnotist.com

Back to top Go down

Trouble with replying and seeing forum words Empty Posting and words

Post  Bryan Hood Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 am

I was able to post my reply thank you.

I am still not noticing any change in the color of some of the forum text. Eg the text in the green footer bar and the horizontal bar where the "Search" option is in. To me the words look like a light gray or vary faint silver. The only way to read it is to mouse over each one or try to highlight them by dragging my mouse over them.

In the admin panel their may be an area for forum style. If there is see if you can change the colors in their. It may be this particular forum style only has these color as fixed options. bounce (and the emoticons now work) Surprised

Edit addition: It looks like you have the start new topics turned on. If you are ok with any member starting new topics that's fine. As our group is still relatively small things may stay manageable. One thing you may want to consider is to only allow the admin to start new topics. If the number of members increases significantly and people create new topics of similar content I am not sure if they can be merged together. You should be able to figure that out inside the admin area.
If you want to avoid all that I would suggest to turn of the "any one can start new topics" option in the admin area possibly under - "Permissions of this forum". Then as the admin start a new topic (at the top forum level) called something like "Start A New Topic". The content for this first post would ask people to reply with a topic they would like to have in the forums. Then you (as admin or who ever is doing the admin role) can add it.

Last edited by Bryan Hood on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more thoughts)
Bryan Hood
Bryan Hood

http://www.friendsofeternity.com

Back to top Go down

Trouble with replying and seeing forum words Empty Re: Trouble with replying and seeing forum words

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down